This is a special FREE online class presented by KidPass Live Stage (https://kidp.as/live). KidPass Live Stage is a free livestream series that is open for the community and showcases many of the incredible classes and instructors on KidPass.
Annie Rapinni would like to teach you how to be a Superhero of Little Things through a reading of her book, while exercising your imagination.
The premise of the book, Annie Rapinni: Superhero of Little Things:
Annie Rapinni decides to be a superhero for the day. Along with her newly found caterpillar partner, Witz, she sets out on a journey to find where she can save the day, and to determine what her world saving super powers could be. She looks for one calamity after another. With each failed attempt, she unintentionally succeeds in doing something little, yet extremely helpful. At the end of a frustrating day, Annie finds herself in a unique situation that allows her to realize the world may need a different kind of superhero, A Superhero of Little Things.
Please note, although the demo class is a reading class, it may be helpful to know the following for the demo and future classes:
• Regularly scheduled classes will include an art activity. The following is a partial list of art supplies that will be needed at that time: Large mixed media paper (cardboard or precut paper bags will work as well), crayons, paints, markers, pencils, scissors, tape, glue, old magazines, etc.
• This is a semester-long class. Each week we will create a new piece of art, reread a chapter or two of the book, and discuss Superhero of Little Things acts of kindness, etc.
• Drop-ins are welcome. However, the first 2 classes will help set up the rest of the semester.
• Ages 5-11+ (The class is open to anyone that can listen to a story, write letters, and use art supplies. Anyone unable to do so on their own, is welcome to have a caregiver accompany them.).
• Currently, this is a non-illustrated book. Imagination required.
• Due to system limitations, the host needs to accept each attendee into the meeting. Therefore, it's very important you arrive on time. Thank you very much. :)
Note that as a KidPass Live Stage performance, this class and your participation may be posted on KidPass social media. Since it is formatted for a large audience, there will be limited instructor interaction. If you enjoy the class, please visit the instructor's KidPass page where you can find other class offerings and formats including small-group, interactive classes. Learn more about KidPass Live Stage at http://kidp.as/live.
When to arrive:
Please bring your imagination and anything that makes you feel comfortable while listening to a book reading. Future classes will include an art activity (please see Activity Description for details).
12 hours in advance
Upcoming Schedule for Superhero of Little Things - Story Reading & Discussion with the Author! - KidPass Live Stage
Once upon a time Kelly Rapuano was a certified elementary school teacher. She was in a dedicated 2nd grade classroom for one year, substitute taught Kindergarten through 12th grade, was a high school educational technologist, worked as a producer in an after school program, and tutored Kindergarten through 8th grade.
A few years later Kelly fell into advertising. After writing a children’s book and being invited to do many classroom readings, she decided to find her way back into education. Working with her book, Annie Rapinni: Superhero of Little Things, Kelly has designed a way to tie together imagination, creativity, listening skills, and little acts of kindness (which really aren’t so little).
Kelly is an animated person who throws herself into each teaching experience. Additionally, she truly loves working with children, making them laugh, helping them learn, and most importantly supporting them as they grow into the best version of themselves.
Due to Covid 19, the class will debut online. Eventually, Kelly would love to turn the class into an in person teaching/learning experience. For now, she looks forward to being a part of the new online learning environment.
Kelly is an author and an animated person who throws herself into each teaching experience. Additionally, she truly loves working with children, making them laugh, helping them learn, and most importantly supporting them as they grow into the best version of themselves.